I bought my Vapor Storm Steam Cleaner on 8-29-12.I did receive it, but don’t remember the exact date.

The box was pretty messed up and holes in it. I opened the box and looked at the unit…never took it out of the box, but did look at some of the pads and etc. I did notice that the unit had water drop stains on it. I never did get to use the Vapor Storm since I was having some health issues.

I decided to return it and I wrote to SteamCleaners.com telling them I needed to return it. They did get back to me quickly with instructions on returning it. I followed the instructions and sent it back UPS and it got to them within the 30 days. They received the unit and I was to get a refund within 21 days.

I wrote to them asking about my refund, since there was no credit on my Visa and they said they had sent me a check on Sept. 20th. They me to confirm my address and they would do a stop payment on the check and send me another one. I confirmed my address and etc.

and nothing has been received from them. I have written frequently asking about the status and have had no reply since the Oct. 30th reply about the check. I am out $254.90, plus it cost me $19.53 to return the unit.

I talked to my Visa customer service a week or so ago on another matter and casually asked them about this. I think I can go through them to see if they can do something. I also bought insurance through UPS when I returned it, but don’t know if I can go that way since I have a receipt where they did deliver the unit to Steam Cleaners Plus facility. From what I’ve read here from others re: Steam Cleaners Plus, I’m going to call my Credit Card Co.

with an official complaint. Steam Cleaners Plus has the worst customer service. I have ordered many times online from many companies, but this is the worst!

I would NOT recommend them to my worst enemy!

Had an Experience with Steam Cleaners Plus?

Comments

miffedmom
Tacoma, Washington, United States #625528

UPDATE: I filled out a complaint with the BBB in UT on February 28, 2013. As of yet, I haven't heard anything. I just checked on my case with the BBB and the company has until 3-19-13 (which is today) to respond to the complaint. I will update what happens next.

When I went to BBB to report a complaint, I checked the rating of this company and it's a big fat "F"! I wish I had checked before I purchased from them. Now I know to check before purchasing from a new 'online' company.

Is anyone surprised at their rating??? :(